Bogenn PP-R Composite Pipes consist of 3 different layers. These layers are PP-R/Aluminium Foil/PP-R layers. Aluminium foil is attached to PP-R layers by means of a strong adhesive with resistance values requires as per the standards.
Inner surface of the pipe is PP-R (Polypropylene Random Copolymer) layer. This layer, which constitutes the contact surface of the transported liquid, not only provides high chemical resistance, but also increases the flow efficiency thanks to its smooth surface.
Aluminium foil in the middle layer provides oxygen isolation in accordance with DIN 4726 norm, and decreases the pipe’s coefficient of elongation to 0.30 mm/m°K thanks to its low coefficient of thermal expansion.
Outer surface of the pipe is PP-R layer. In addition to its impact resistance, which complies with the standards, PP-R layer is also compatible with socket welding method.
The production of Bogenn PP-R Oxy Stop Pipes is based on the following standards.
DIN EN ISO 15874 Plastic Piping Systems
DIN 8077/88 Polypropylene Pipes
Bogenn PP-R Composite Pipes are produced within Ø20 – 110 mm range with the specifications given below. The length of the pipes is 4 meter and can be tailored according to the special requests of the customers.
Bogenn PP-R Oxy Stop Pipes are produced in white and green colours. In pipes with UV resistance, the colour of the outer layer is black.
AREAS OF USAGE
Bogenn PP-R Composite Pipes are used in central heating installations and sanitary systems for the transportation of cold and white liquids within buildings. Pipes can be used in drinking water installations thanks to their conformity with hygiene criteria, and also heating-cooling systems thanks to their oxygen barrier.
In accordance with DIN EN ISO 15874 standard, Bogenn Oxy Stop pipes can be used under the following application classes and design pressures.
Conditions of use for Class– 1, Class – 2, Class – 4, Class – 5 are described below.
CONNECTION METHOD AND FITTINGS
Bogenn PP-R Oxy Stop Pipes are connected with socket (or fusion) weld method. Connection method is a patented method developed by our company. Directives and standards of our company must be taken into consideration for implementing the connection method accurately. Standards used and recognized in socket weld method are DVS standards.
Due to differences in production process, fittings are not equipped aluminium foil, but manufactured uniformly with PP-R. For plumbing installation, oxygen permeability of the fittings must also be taken into consideration. In Bogenn Oxy Stop Pipes, welding area of the fitting is also equipped with foil after welding operation, and only the body of the fitting is an area without aluminium foil. Because aluminium foil is exactly in the middle of the wall thickness of the pipe in PPR Oxy Stop Pipes. Welding zones are without foil due to the end of the pipe which is close to the outer diameter in known systems and is necessarily trimmed before welding and left without foil. This difference causes oxygen insulation to go out of the standard in known (external aluminium foil) pipes, while the oxygen insulation is provided in accordance with the standard in PPR Oxy Stop pipes, and causes a system where corrosion problems are continuous. This situation is indicated in the table below.
Our company provides all kinds of components (sleeve, elbow, threaded transition pieces etc.) required for the installation to its customers.
Criteria and applicable national legislations must be complied with in the transportation, storage and installation of Bogenn PP-R Oxy Stop Pipes.
- Bogenn PP-R Oxy Stop Pipes must not be subject to any impacts during transportation, storage and installation. Impact resistance of PP-R raw material decrease particularly at weather conditions of 0 °C and under. Necessary measures must be taken in order to prevent pipes and fittings from being subject to impacts for any reason.
- Bogenn PP-R Oxy Stop Pipes are not resistant to UV (ultraviolet) rays. Necessary measures must be taken for long periods of storage and after installation.
- Requirements of the applicable legislation must be taken into account when socket weld method is applied for the connection of Bogenn PP-R Oxy Stop Pipes. Where ambient temperature is 5 °C and less, socket weld application must be avoided, and welding operation must be resumed after necessary measures are taken.
- Thermal expansions expected in the installation must be calculated and necessary measures must be taken accordingly.
- Measures must be taken for preventing possible damages in the pipes as a result of excessively high pressures and cases in which the fluid in the installation freeze.
- After the installation procedures are completed, the piping systems must be subject to pressure test and results of the test must be recorded.
- Additional measures must be taken to prevent possible damages on the completed piping system as a result of other ongoing construction works.